Luke gives us the specifics of the interactions of Zechariah and Elizabeth around the birth of a son in their old age. Remember, Zechariah has not been able to speak! (Day two reading!)
- Don’t you think vs 57 is really talking about a baby shower! There is no scandal in John’s birth.
- Why was the baby named “John”?
- Vs 76 reminds us again as to John’s life purpose – what is it?
- Look at vs 80 – goodness – how did he grow up? I wonder what happened to his parents?
- Have you ever spent time in the wilderness, growing up?
“O God, You have a purpose for my life. I have sometimes felt like I was growing up in the wilderness (you and God recall together)… Have I found out my purpose yet? Will it include wilderness times as well as “preparing the way” times? Be with me, Lord Jesus. Amen”